I am a huge supporter of online community building and I want to build more than a store - I want to build a community of JotBook users around the world - people who have a shared love of notebooks and pens and all things stationery and give them a place to fuel themselves creatively. - Cori
Model: PocketJot - Field Notes Size Traveler's Notebook Fauxdori
Size: 4.5'' x 6''
Leather: Yes (therefore, not vegan)
DISCOUNT CODE: GOURMETPENS for 15% off any purchase (no minimum requirement)
Where to buy: Live Laugh Jot
- Three sizes to choose from:
- MiniJot - a wider version of the Midori TN Passport
- PocketJot - holds pocket-sized notebooks
- ie. Field Notes, Moleskine
- ClassicJot - a wider version of the Midori TN Large
PERFORMANCE & FEEL
The hand-dyed covers are typically a thinner leather. Colors like Tangerine and Fuschia are a little stiffer. If you're concerned or want something in particular, you can always ask Cori before purchasing your cover. I like how this cover feels - especially for carrying it around. It's a little supple, but it isn't floppy, and on the other hand, it's not firm and stiff. It's a nice in between. For protecting all the notebooks I keep inside it currently, I like it. I also like that it's not too firm because by notebooks of a different thickness inside, the softer leather can wrap around the spine of the notebook, whether they're thick or thin.
Hobonichi planner in here and surprisingly, it fit. It stuck out a little bit, but mine is pretty stuffed. A newer one, or one that is used as a planner instead of being stuffed with a variety of things would probably fit even better. That's pretty cool, because my Hobonichi doesn't have a cover.
With so much space, you can also add a plastic folder and organize what's inside. This also adds some stiffness, if you want a little more structure.
- All covers are made wider to accommodate 6 - 8 inserts without overhang.
- All covers have four inner elastics - ready for your stuffing!
- All notebooks are handmade by Cori,
- If you can't spare the monies but still would like a quality cover, Jot has a Blooper sale, where you can find discounted covers. Look out for that in spring. (I'm not that patient...)
- Many accessories to choose from- nib charms, tassels.
- Vegan options available.
- Comes with one insert.
- Smells delicious.
- If you don't fill it up, it can be a little floppy.
- Unfinished edges, if you don't like that kind of thing. (I do.)
- When it's full, the elastic can buckle the leather a little. It's not an issue, and it doesn't ruin anything, but if you like the perfect kind of look, it messes that up a bit.
- If you like leather that ages, this color doesn't age as well as other colors.
- Currently only black elastics - not very exciting, but it does the job.
I'm definitely a fan of this PocketJot leather journal cover. I appreciate that it's made in Canada a heck of a lot, and it's well done. Did I mention it smells really good? Cori offers a variety of colors, sizes, finishes, and some really cute accessories. There's a few cons, but they're hardly that. It's just nitpicking. A leather journal cover has to be something you want to add to your routine, or something that will facilitate your notebook-toting. If not, it won't really fit into your life. If it does fit, a Jot cover will certainly make you happy and be more affordable than a lot of other options out there!
Interested in a holiday gift? Get cracking! You'll have to place your orders soon to guarantee on-time delivery. A huge thank you to Cori for sending this over for me to review! Cori has offered you lovely folks a 15% discount off, with no minimum purchase requirement! Visit Live Laugh Jot to peruse!
I received this item free of charge for the purposes of this review. I was not compensated monetarily for my review. Everything you've read here is my own opinion.