Length (retracted): 9 cm
Length (extended): 12 cm
Nib material: Steel
Fill type: Lamy M22
Where to buy:
The Pico has a small box - it slides out to the side from a plastic sleeve. There is a clear part in the top in the shape of the pen, and the top corner says LAMY Pico. The pen sits in a felt-lined plastic bed. Nice, simple, minimal. I like that.
The Pico is, not surprisingly, small and cute. The pen is round from nose to end, with matching rounded off ends. In the closed position, the pen is small and definitely pocketable. There is a black ring near the tip, which is where you open the barrel to change the refill. The ballpoint refill is fully retracted through a small, black, plastic-ringed hole. The knock is the back end of the barrel.
I like ballpoints. There. I said it. I think they can be useful, and I love a smooth, intense refill. This broad, blue M22 refill is tiny and cute, the ink is a nice, dark blue with good coverage. Smudging is minimal, and it feels like a bold, intense broad tip. I'm definitely a fan of it.
It's a comfortable size when extended and it is pretty solid, so it feels good in hand. There is no grip section, and it feels a little thick to me. it's not terribly uncomfortable; my grip just feels a little extended. Since I do not expect to be writing a novel with this, that's not a big deal. It's more of a pocket pen - scribbling and jotting notes.
- Several really nice colors to choose from, and even better that they match the Lamy Studio series.
- Pictures don't do the finishes justice. They're really pretty.
- Compact, portable, pocketable.
- Simple, convenient mechanism that is quiet to operate - perfect in meetings or classes when you don't want to draw attention to yourself.
- Smooth, reliable refills.
- Solid in hand, even though it's small. It doesn't feel like a small, cheap pen.
- Well made.
- Proprietary refills.
- Not many refill colors to choose from - generally the issue with ballpoints, isn't it?
- Pretty easy to lose, given its size and shape.
This is a great little pen - useful, practical, attractive, with good, reliable refills. They are not too expensive, and they are pocketable, portable, and convenient. Perfect to keep on you at all times. Because it's so small, they're relatively easy to lose.
I received this pen free of charge for the purposes of this review. I was not compensated monetarily for my review. Everything you've read here is my own opinion. There are no affiliate links in this review.