On a recent visit to the new Fontoplumo store, I feasted my eyeballs on the Fontoplumo x Conid Bulkfiller limited edition pen. It's so pretty, but in an attempt to save some money, I went for the matching KWZI Monarch ink instead, made exclusively for Fontoplumo.
If you would like to win this bottle, please leave a comment on this blog post answering the question: "What do you love about butterflies?" I'll draw a random winner from the comments on Fountain Pen Day: November 4, 2016! I will contact the winner and send the bottle out! As a thank you to Fontoplumo for donating this bottle, although it's not a giveaway requirement, please consider giving them some social media love: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest
Bottle: 60 ml
Price: €13,50 (with VAT)
Where to buy: Fontoplumo
10% off DISCOUNT CODE: GOURMETPENS
- A beautiful orange with great shading.
- Easy to use and fill from ink bottle.
- Lots of ink.
- Decent price.
- A perfect match for the Conid Monarch Kingsize Bulkfiller fountain pen.
- The scent. I usually love the smell of inks - Noodler's, Sailor - all those weird paint-like smells make me happy, but this one doesn't work for me. It's not as strong as the original Honey ink (if you have used/smelled that one), but it's the same kind of smell.
- No water resistance.
- As with most oranges, they can be a bit difficult to clean. Don't let it dry out in your pen, especially clear ones.
A beautiful ink color, named after a beautiful creature. There are only two real downsides here: one is the funky smell, and the other is that if you live outside of Europe, it's a bit of a sacrifice to get this ink. If you buy something else at Fontoplumo, it's the perfect add on!