Body Material: Resin
Length (capped): 5.25"
Length (uncapped nib-end): 4.62"
Length (posted): 6.125"
Barrel Diameter: 0.48"
Section Diameter: 0.379" - 0.415"
Nib material: 14K Gold
Weight: 14 g
Fill type: Cartridge/Converter
Price: $156.00USD (MSRP $195.00USD)
Where to buy: Pen Chalet
The clip has good spring but is tight - quite practical. It has a good length so it will clip on safely to papers/pockets.
If you are wondering whether this Standard would be suitable, or if you would need to go up a size to the 1911 Large, here are the two:
- Beautiful aesthetics - clear body with gold trim.
- Very comfortable to write with (especially posted).
- Posts well.
- Gorgeous 14K gold nib (and you get a gold nib for this price!)
- Produces great line variation with ease.
- Makes ink look great because of shading.
- Will be on the small side for those with larger hands.
- I was hoping this nib would be really wet. I like my nibs to be a 9 out of 10 on the wetness scale. I think the Zoom nib is better for wetness. Some users prefer a moderately wet writer, in which case, the music nib is a much better choice!
- With this clear version of the 1911 Standard, the chrome converter trim is very obvious when the rest of the pen's trim is gold. If you use a cartridge, this won't be an issue, and if your pen is a solid coloured body (black, yellow, etc), this also won't be an issue. If you like clear pens like I do, you will probably notice this. However, this is not a deal breaker for me.
Whether you want a music nib or not (and if you don't, there's a whole slew of other nib grades to pick from), the Sailor 1911 Standard series is a really nice series to look into, especially the clear version. The gold trim on clear body is gorgeous, and it's not a huge pen - ideal for we ladies and gents that don't have giant hands. Posts deeply, writes well, 14K gold nib... and 10% off at Pen Chalet?
Pen Chalet provided this pen for the purposes of this review. I was not compensated monetarily for my review. Everything you've read here is my own opinion. There are no affiliate links in this review.