Leather Type: Granulated
Size closed: 8 x 17 x 2.5 cm / 5.15" x 6.7" x 1.0"
Price: $116.00 USD
Where to buy: Lucrin
This 4 Pen Zippered case is presented in a light brown, soft cloth bag. It has Lucrin Geneva printed on the front in dark brown, with a matching drawstring. I like the pouch - you can store your case in this dust bag, or you can use it to tote miscellaneous small items.
PERFORMANCE & FEEL
This case is elegantly presented, so I'm not surprised that it feels so nice. The leather is a little rough because of the grainy texture. The covers and spine are firm so although the leather over it is a bit squishy to the touch, the case itself is firm to hold.
The zipper is a Meras, from Italy. I find it a little difficult to zip up once it has been opened completely - I have to pull the zip taut for it to catch. It works, and it's not broken, but it feels a little rough to open and close. The velvety material inside feels delicate and soft to the touch. It looks like the inside of a very expensive pen case, which it is!
- Beautiful, elegant case.
- Compact, not bulky.
- Your choice of leather colors, thread colors, and leather type.
- Soft interior.
- Elastics in loops make it easier to slide pens in and out.
- Firm covers protect pens well.
- Can be personalized.
- Great gift idea.
- Great for carrying normal sized pens - not oversized.
- Loops are close together so even if you have a pen that fits, it's snug.
- Zip is hard to close if it has been opened up all the way.
- Leather is thin and looks a little plasticky - it's missing the color and character variation, but it does look very polished and elegant. It depends on what kind of leather you like. I like leather that develops character with use.
I received this item free of charge for the purposes of this review. I was not compensated monetarily for my review. Everything you've read here is my own opinion.