|A writing sample of each pen, and the correction tape sample.|
Bic Atlantis Ballpoint Pen - $2.88 for four
This pen is a nice, simple, classic blue pen. The body is all blue, with a section of firm, rubberized grip. The knocker is almost silent (which can be confusing) and the clip is bulky and made of metal. Bic Atlantis is written on the translucent blue body in silver.
- Features Easy-Glide System--up to 35% smoother writing compared to traditional BIC ball pen ink system.
- Soft cushion grip gives you great no-slip comfort.
The downside is that the pen contains no recycled materials in it. It is also not refillable! I also do not care for the shape and appearance of the bulky metal clip. It is so tight that I can barely use it, especially on nice paper that I would worry about tearing or gouging. I also do not like that I can't see the ink supply. It's a great price for a reliable ballpoint pen though, so it's still worth considering.
Bic For Her Retractable Ballpoint Pen - $4.12 per pair
This pack of pens contains two Bic for Her pens - one in purple, one in pink. It's quite a thick pen, with a long section of grip that is flush with the barrel and widens where most people grip the pen. The clip is metal and is attached to the pearly white plastic cap. Half the barrel, the grip, and half the tip section has some sort of print on it - sort of vines/floral design. The knocker, design on the barrel, and grip are all the same colour - either purple or pink.
- Sleek pen silhouette and jeweled accent add style to her day.
- Soft-contoured embossed grip for all-day comfort.
My favorite part of this pen is the shape of the knocker. It has a neat shape and is a very satisfying, solid clicker. However, I can't get over how these pens are so expensive for such an underwhelming pen. Do yourself a favor and pick the Bic Atlantis Ballpoint Pen.
Bic Velocity Roller Ball Retractable Gel Pen - $8.01/dozen
This gel pen is all darkly coloured, with black grip and a black clip and knocker. The body is clear enough that you can see your ink supply. The grip is perfectly shaped! The clip has the pen's name and tip size (0.7mm) written on it in white ink that can rub off through out the lifetime of the pen.
- Permanent acid-free, fade-resistant gel ink provides skip-free, effortless writing.
- Finger-friendly, contoured grip enhances writing comfort.
- Retractable tip keeps your pockets and purses safe.
I'm dislike that this whole pen is made of new plastic, and it just gets thrown away at the end of its life. It's not even refillable and it seems to me Bic should offer refills for these pens since they already open up at the tip!
Bic Mark-It Grip Permanent Marker Set - $3.04/set
These markers are plastic, with built in clips and plastic bodies. The cap and printing are colour-matched to the ink. The grip is also colour-matched and is rubbery and textured for a good handle and comfort.
- Grip Permanent Marker is a durable pen-style permanent marker with a rubber grip for comfort and control.
- Makes permanent marks on most hard-to-mark surfaces such as glass, metal, photos, foils, coated papers, CDs, DVDs and most plastics.
- Long-lasting, durable, vivid ink is certified AP nontoxic.
Bic Wite-Out EZ Correct Correction Tape - $2.16 each
This correction tape is cutely packaged in a small, pink, hard plastic container. Half is textured and a little thumb groove area for grip is smooth and transparent. There is a little tip where the tape is dispensed and rewound.
- Correction tape fixes mistakes instantly, no drying time needed.
- Mess-free design doesn't drip, smell or leave photocopy shadows.
- It covers errors completely without bleeding through.
- In 2012-2013, BIC USA Inc. will donate 200,000 to Susan G. Komen in support of its promise to end breast cancer forever.
What I really do not like is that this whole container is made of plastic, and none of it is recycled. How upsetting. I'm also quite disappointed that there is no recycling sign on the container. I would also prefer a wider tape for corrections, as this one is fairly thin for my writing (which varies in size) so wider is better!
Full disclosure: These office supplies were sent for review by Shoplet. I was not paid to write this review, but I do get to keep these cool goodies!