Body Material: Zinc & aluminum alloy, copper, carbon fiber, silicone
Length (uncapped): 146.00 mm/5.75''
Diameter: 20.0 mm/0.79''
Weight: 26.0 g/0.91 oz
Fill type: Takes proprietary refills or generic refills with Yoropen mold
Where to buy: Yoropen
The Yoropen is a funny looking thing. The front end has a tiny cap with a long clip, set to the side. The pen angles upwards then turns into a large, tri-faceted, rubbery grip section. Beyond this, the pen is brushed silver like the cap and tip, and tapers to a point, with a notch at the end.
The included user guide includes information on how to hold the Yoropen properly, how to close the cap (remember the side-set clip), how to adjust the grip, how to replace the refill, as well as refill/Yoropen information.
- Grip can be rotated to accommodate a left- or right-handed user.
- Long tip offers improved visibility.
- Grip is soft - no finger bumps! (Assuming you use it correctly, which I do not.)
- Works for right- and left-handed writers.
- Solid, robust feeling to this pen.
- Needs some more clear instructions.
- Difficult to hold if you have long fingernails (I don't, and I still had to readjust a little).
- Takes proprietary refills (although now generic refills with supplied mold, which I don't have).
- The pen/grip smells really weird for a few weeks - the silicone. It was an unpleasant, very strong smell.
- I had to apply a fair amount of pressure to the tip to get the ink to flow dark enough.
- Looks funny posted.
This is an interesting pen. I think it's a little on the expensive side, and all its benefits seem to be totally wasted on me. I think the ballpoint refill takes away some from the ergonomic benefits - a smooth gel ink, or even a fountain pen, might be better? However, for those who have difficulties gripping pens because of pain or discomfort, it may well be worth giving an ergonomic pen a shot. If it alleviates your pain and discomfort even a little, I'd say that's worth it.
I received this item free of charge for the purposes of this review. I was not compensated monetarily for my review. Everything you've read here is my own opinion.