Size: 14.5 cm x 9 cm
Sheet Count: 50
Paper Weight 120 gsm
Cover Weight: 420 gsm
Price: € 4,76
Where to buy: All Write
The All Write waterproof notepad is a pretty plain notepad. It is wire bound at the top with double metal coils. The cover is thin and flexible, blue, with AllWrite.com on it. The back cover is also blue and explains what AllWrite paper is. Right inside the back cover, there is another wide page that has details about the Fisher Space Pen, along with a slot to accommodate the clip of the pen. It's interesting and is basically a built in pen loop. The pages are white with sharp edges, a bold frame around the page, solid lines, and dashed columns.
The notebook is a soft, flexible notebook. I like the size of it and how compact it is. It flips up, reporter style. Since the paper is so soft and flexible, it's difficult to turn the pages quickly over the coils - the page holes can snag on the coils. The pages slide around and stick out from the covers quite easily, but since they're flexible and tear-resistant, they don't get dog-eared and bent.
- Smells fascinating.
- Super smooth paper.
- Pairs perfectly with the Fisher Space Pen.
- Eco-conscious: chlorine-free, acid-free, recyclable, no toxic emissions during production processes, no water/other chemicals added during production processes.
- As the pages are so soft, it can be difficult to turn the pages over the coils.
- The smell of the paper might turn some people off. I love it.
- Not fountain pen friendly - tolerates ink, but changes the color and behavior of it in strange, unpredictable ways.
- In fact, most liquid inks behave strangely on this paper.
The idea of no-tree paper is very intriguing and I do love the eco-aspects of this paper. It smells fantastic, it's super smooth, it's waterproof. Perfect with ballpoints and pencils. If you need waterproof paper, this works! Even if you don't need something water/oil-repellent, and you just use pocket notebooks, it's nice to support one that is eco-conscious.